Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Staying Organized

There are many categories to being who I am:

  • Self
  • Mother
  • Wife
  • Friend
  • Lover
  • Educator
  • Daughter
  • Community Leader
And I must always find a way to keep them from bleeding over and into one another. Remaining compartmentalized is very tricky. For instance, do I stay home today to take care of the neglected finances? Or, should I spend time with my siblings in order to stay in touch with their lives? How about the fact that my mom needs me? Do I break up my day into completing work, paying bills, spending time with my siblings and then my mom? What's the priority?
Questions of this nature, although very simple to find answers to, are the ones that plague me daily. Striking a balance on a day-to-day basis can be an overwhelming task. I am not complaining about my situation, I am just thinking out loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment